Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation (MEP) was established in March 1994, following the consolidation of the engineering plastics businesses of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc., and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation. MEP is a leading global supplier of engineering plastics and focuses on developing new materials to meet the changing needs of end users whilst at the same time supporting customers’ product development activities. In all aspects of its operations, the Company is guided by the belief that building close partnerships with customers is the way to conduct business successfully.
The European subsidiary MEP Europe GmbH was established in 2002 in Dusseldorf, Germany and MEP Europe B.V. Technical Center in Geleen, the Netherlands in 2010 .
The MEP Portfolio includes Polycarbonate & Blends (XANTAR® IUPILON® NOVAREX®) Polyamide MXD6 (RENY®), Polybutylene Terephthalate (NOVADURAN®), Polyacetal (IUPITAL®) and modified PPE ( IUPIACE® , LEMALLOY®).
- The AD Engineer is to support business generation for the engineering plastics lines of MEP through the generation and application of technical know-how;
- Focus on developing new added value applications in selected market segments. (mainly within automotive and E&E);
- Translate the customer needs, market and technology trends into material, design and functional requirements;
- Start up new development (PTO: Prospect To Order) projects at costumers together with the account managers and ensure adequate follow-up and reporting of these projects;
- Act as “technical account manager”for the strategic customers in the relevant market segment and provide technical support wen required;
- Keep knowledge about properties and processing of polymeric materials and design know-how (CAE type of topics, without doing actual CAE work) combined with experience in/with relevant market segments up to date;
- Reports to the General Manager Technical Center of MEP Europe B.V.
- Academic degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Technology are preferred (BSc. / MSc.);
- Specific know-how of the E&E industry and applications is an advantage;
- Good command of English is necessary, knowledge of German and/or French is beneficial;
- In addition, it is imperative that you have good technical, conceptual as well as overall communication and social skills and are open to cultural diversity;
- In this position, you will have to travel frequently abroad (indicatively 25%), as the business dictates;
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the European Union on a full time basis;
- A valid drivers licence.
- We offer a challenging and rewarding job in an innovative international company with lots of opportunities for personal development;
- You will work in a small team within an informal setting;
- Terms and conditions of employment are up to market standards;
- Working within a relative small team (± 10 FTE).
Are you interested in this position and do you have questions about the position or the company? Please contact Pim van Meeuwen, Mobile: +3153265511 or office +31433217171.
We are looking forward to your application! Please upload your CV via the apply button.